Anhydrous Sodium Sulphate
Anhydrous sodium sulfate is a sodium sulphate mineral without crystalline water.
It belongs to monoclinic crystal system, whose aggregate looks like light yellow to colorless dense block or crust.
It has the appearance of small transparent granular crystals, and is odorless, bitter-tasting and hygroscopic. Anhydrous sodium sulphate is insoluble in strong acids, aluminum, or magnesium.
It is easily hydrated in humid air and turns into water-containing powder covering the surface.
Anhydrous sodium sulphate is usually used in the industries of washing, bleaching and dyeing, papermaking, glass, leather, synthetic fiber, ink, rubber, etc. It can also be used as a blending agent for light materials, additive for cement and concrete, catalyst for organic chemical products, etc. It is a basic chemical material indispensable for many industries.
Physical & Chemical Properties
Anhydrous Sodium Sulphate
Yuanming powder, anhydrous mannite, sodium sulphate(anhydrous), sodium sulphate standard solution
White crystalline powder
330°C at 760 mmHg
Soluble in water, aqueous solution is alkaline. Soluble in glycerin. Insoluble in ethanol.
3.35E-05mmHg at 25°C
Anhydrous sodium sulphate is mainly produced by direct mineral processing or as chemical by-products. Our anhydrous sodium sulphate is extracted from the sodium sulfate mine by injecting water into the ground to dissolve, then pumping up and crystallized by steam evaporation. The Na2SO4 powder prepared in this way has higher purity.
The chemical by-product sodium sulfate is the product of the synthesis of sulphate and sodium ions, which generally has many impurities and may have disadvantages of unstable whiteness or lumping.
- Filler for synthetic detergents.
- Used as a cooking agent in the manufacture of sulphatepulp in papermaking.
- Used to replace soda ashin glass industry.
- Raw material for manufacturing sodium sulfide, sodium silicate and other chemical products.
- Used to blend vinylon spinning coagulantin textile industry.
- In the printing and dyeing industry, it is used as dyeing aid and pretreatment agent.
- In construction projects, it is used as cement admixture, early strength agent, antifreeze agent and grinding aid in cement processing.
- Used in synthetic fiber, tanning, non-ferrous metallurgy, porcelain enamel, soap, feed additives, etc.
- Used as modified filler in plastics, or as transparent powder for plastic transparent filler masterbatch.
Packaging and Storage
Packed in plastic woven bags lined with polyethylene. Net weight is 25kg per bag.
When workers are operating, pay attention to airtightness and ventilation to avoid dust. Gently load and unload to prevent the package from being broken. Store in a cool and ventilated room away from fire or heat sources, and separate from acids. Suitable materials should be placed in the storage area to collect possible leaks.
Hoyonn Chemical has been in the polymer industry since 2001. We specialize in mineral development, powder processing, R&D innovation, and global sales of barium sulphate and various functional fillers and additives. We have our plants and know-how to supply worldwide customers from powder coatings, paints, plastics, rubber, ink, and more industries.
- 20 years of expertise in the polymer industry.
- Pursue high product quality and technology innovation.
- Offer best formula solution from practical perspective.
- Free sample examination for all products.
- Mature export sales team and guaranteed services.
Get Free Sample
Leave your info to get free sample. Or submit your problem about the products. Our sales team will get back to you in 24h.