Modified Nano Precipitated Barium Sulphate
Hoyonn Modified Nano Precipitated Barium Sulphate is produced by the chemical reaction between barium carbonate solution and sulfuric acid (BaCO3+H2SO4→BaSO4↓+H2O+CO2), and then finely processed by special surface modification technology.
Nano precipitated barium sulphate is a segment of the precipitated barium sulphate. It has high activation, ultrafine particle size, and can effectively improve the adhesion as well as other mechanical performances for the final products.
This ultrafine barium sulphate, processed by delicate modification technology, is widely used in high-end paints, inks, transparent functional filling masterbatches, automotive coatings, modified plastics, and so on.
1. Chemical reaction: First of all, we get the barium sulphate precipitation by conducting the chemical reaction bewteen barium carbonate solution and sulfuric acid (BaCO3+H2SO4→BaSO4↓+H2O+CO2).
2. Surface modification: The precipitated barium sulphate is then treated by surface modification technology, which improves its particle size distribution, dispersion, oil absorption, product stability, weather resistance, and wettability.
3. Water washing and press filtration: The modified barium sulphate is washed with water to remove impurities, and is filtered through a filter press to remove the excess water.
4. Drying and grinding: Finally, the barium sulphate is dried and grinded into ultrafine powder with D50 mean particle size of 0.3.
BaSO4 Content (DIN.EN.ISO.3262,PT.2)
D50um Mean Particle Size
325 Mesh Residue (max%)
Oil Absorption (max g/100g)
16.0 ± 2.0
Water Solubles (max%)
8.0 ± 1.0
L Value (L*min)
Conductivity (max uS/cm)
4 Major Applications of Modified Nano Precipitated Barium Sulphate
Modified nano precipitated barium sulphate can be used in polymers to make compound materials with high strength and toughness, such as polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polylactic acid (PLA), and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). It can effectively improve various mechanical performances of the plastics.
Nano barium sulphate plays a vary important role in making coatings – improving the thickness, abrasion resistance, water resistance, heat resistance, surface hardness, and impact resistance of the coating film. Due to its low oil absorption and high filling capacity, it can be used in water-based coatings, primers, intermediate coatings, and oil-based coatings to reduce the production costs. It can also replace 10%~25% of titanium dioxide in water-based coatings to increase its whiteness while remain the coverage.
Nano barium sulphate can be used to make paper with its advantages of good physical & chemical stability, moderate hardness, high whiteness, and the ability to absorb harmful rays, etc. Its high oil absorption value helps the paper absorb ink; the small particle size makes the paper more flat, and causes less wear on the machine.
Modified nano precipitated barium sulphate can be used to make paper with its advantages of good physical & chemical stability, moderate hardness, high whiteness, and the ability to absorb harmful rays, etc. Its high oil absorption value helps the paper absorb ink; the small particle size makes the paper more flat, and causes less wear on the machine.
Hoyonn Chemical has been in the polymer industry since 2001. We specialize in mineral development, powder processing, R&D innovation, and global sales of barium sulphate and various functional fillers and additives. We have our plants and know-how to supply worldwide customers from powder coatings, paints, plastics, rubber, ink, and more industries.
- 20 years of expertise in the polymer industry.
- Pursue high product quality and technology innovation.
- Offer best formula solution from practical perspective.
- Free sample examination for all products.
- Mature export sales team and guaranteed services.
Get Free Sample
Leave your info to get free sample. Or submit your problem about the products. Our sales team will get back to you in 24h.